Fishing Charter with Captain Curtis - Homosassa
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Homosassa, Florida
- Product code: CurtisCharter
If you are looking for a fun and action-packed day of fishing than look no further than Captain Curtis Harris! He is a 4th generation native of the Homosassa and Crystal River area, he has been fishing these rivers for 20+ years and loves sharing his passion for the area by showing off the beautiful waterways that Citrus County has to offer and teaching his clients the best techniques on how to land the big ones . He specializes in inshore fishing targeting species such as redfish, trout and snook, with red fish being his favorite. His entire family has worked on these rivers their whole lives, so putting clients on the fish comes second nature to this seasoned Captain! There is something for everyone on a family vacation to our area, join Curtis on some of the best fishing our county has to offer! Let's go rip some lips!
His boat is a 23ft Carolina Skiff DLV with a 200hp Suzuki to get us where we need to go quick and skinny. It’s equipped with the latest tech such as a Simrad GPS, trolling motor and power-pole to sneak up on the fish and get right into the action. The DLV makes for a smooth ride even in the chop. There is plenty of room to bring your family and friends along for the adventure. The boat is equipped with all coast guard required safety equipment.
The charter includes all bait, tackle and licenses for your fishing day! You can bring a small cooler for your lunch and drinks if you desire, there is also a cooler on board the boat with space to share.
• Fishing License and safety equipment
• Tackle, rods, bait and instruction
• Fish cleaning
• Memories to share and stories to tell
Things you need to know:
• All charters depart from River Safaris 10823 W Yulee Drive, Homosassa, FL 34448
• Captain will call you one day prior to charter to arrange departure time based on season, weather and tides for optimum fishing.
• Half day charters run 4 hours
• Full day charters run 8 hours
What to bring on your fishing trip:
• Beverages for the day
• Lunch for the day
• A camera to capture your memories
• Suntan lotion
• Sunglasses - preferably polarized
• A desire to have FUN
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do I need a fishing License? No, the captain has a license to cover all aboard the vessel.
2. What is provided? Rods, reels, tackle, bait, ice, fishing license, fish cleaning
3. How is the catch divided? Normally, what YOU catch, YOU take, unless another agreement is made by all aboard prior to the start of the trip.
4. Will seasickness be an issue? Usually seasickness is not an issue due to fishing inshore in calmer shallower waters, but if you are sensitive to motion, we suggest preparing by taking motion sickness medication for a couple days prior and an hour before your trip.
5. What if there is adverse weather? Captains will be watching forecasts and will determine if it is safe to depart. Sometimes weather only causes minor delays in trip start time which can be adjusted. These decisions will be made on a trip by trip basis and will be communicated directly from the Captain. Trips cancelled due to adverse weather prior to leaving the dock will be refunded in full or rescheduled.
6. What if I have a group larger than 4 people? With proper notice, we can find other qualified captains to join us to accomodate a larger party. Please call the office to arrange larger groups.