Fishing Charter with Captain Gavin - Homosassa
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Homosassa, Florida
- Product code: GavinCharter
Captain Gavin Shores has been fishing Florida’s outstanding fishery his entire life. He is a United States Coast Guard Master licensed captain and feels truly blessed to spend almost every day exploring Florida’s west coast. He has spent the last three years navigating the maze of mangroves along Florida’s nature coast as an airboat captain, all the while wishing he was fishing. His dream has now become a reality and he can't wait to share it with you. The fishing here in Homosassa, FL and the surrounding area is some of the most productive, and the scenery is some of the most breathtaking that you will find in the state. Come take a ride with a true Florida native and let’s "make memories that last in every cast.”
His boat is a 21ft Carolina Skiff DLV paired with a 115hp Mercury. It is equipped with everything he needs to ensure a comfortable and productive trip. The hull design makes for a smooth ride in chop, and the step up decking allows for an easy transition to casting positions. Your captain will be perched on a custom tower console to help spot fish while the remote trolling motor gets you into position and a power pole silently keeps you there . Speaking of position, you’ll be right on the money using the Lowrance GPS on board. A live well and a pair of coolers to put personal snacks and drinks, as well as the day's catch, makes for a comfortable and clean day of fishing. The boat is equipped with all the coast guard required safety equipment.
The charter includes all bait, tackle and licenses for your fishing day! You can bring a small cooler for your lunch and drinks if u desire, there is also a cooler on board the boat with space to share.
• Fishing License and safety equipment
• Tackle, rods, bait and instruction
• Fish cleaning
• Memories to share and stories to tell
Things you need to know:
• All charters depart from River Safaris 10823 W Yulee Drive, Homosassa, FL 34448
• Captain will call you one day prior to charter to arrange departure time based on season, weather and tides for optimum fishing.
• Half day charters run 4 hours
• Full day charters run 8 hours
What to bring on your fishing trip:
• Beverages for the day
• Lunch for the day
• A camera to capture your memories
• Suntan lotion
• Sunglasses - preferably polarized
• A desire to have FUN
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do I need a fishing License? No, the captain has a license to cover all aboard the vessel.
2. What is provided? Rods, reels, tackle, bait, ice, fishing license, fish cleaning
3. How is the catch divided? Normally, what YOU catch, YOU take, unless another agreement is made by all aboard prior to the start of the trip.
4. Will seasickness be an issue? Usually seasickness is not an issue due to fishing inshore in calmer shallower waters, but if you are sensitive to motion, we suggest preparing by taking motion sickness medication for a couple days prior and an hour before your trip.
5. What if there is adverse weather? Captains will be watching forecasts and will determine if it is safe to depart. Sometimes weather only causes minor delays in trip start time which can be adjusted. These decisions will be made on a trip by trip basis and will be communicated directly from the Captain. Trips cancelled due to adverse weather prior to leaving the dock will be refunded in full or rescheduled.
6. What if I have a group larger than 4 people? With proper notice, we can find other qualified captains to join us to accomodate a larger party. Please call the office to arrange larger groups.